For Once, It Wasn't a Drill But the Real McCoy
Oct 10, 2010
I was sitting down to lunch in my room when the fire alarm went off. I was under the impression that it was probably another fire drill for those who didn't experience the first one we had back in late September. Boy was I wrong: there actually was a fire!
A grease fire started in the kitchens of the dining hall connected to my resident hall. The emergency sprinklers came on as a response to the fire but the entire facility was filled with smoke. Firefighters had to come in and clear the smoke in the facility.
Good news is everyone is all right and the building is fine with very little damage.
Bad news is that the dining hall will be closed until the Food Inspection can deem the facility save to eat at again. Meaning that the dining hall that is location across the street and in the heart of campus will be re-opened temporarily. This means getting up earlier to get over there for meals and planning other meals in between classes accordingly.