These are the official rules for the contests/sweepstakes on puricute.com:
Entry requirements or restrictions and prize(s) are described on each of the individual contests/sweepstakes pages.
“You” and “your” refers to the person who submits an entry.
By participating in any PuriCute contests/sweepstakes, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of PuriCute’s Judges, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Participants must be a registered user of PuriCute.com. The contests/sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, USA, and participants hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of California courts (state and federal) for any cases or controversies arising out of the contests/sweepstakes. Any dispute arising out of or relating to the contests/sweepstakes shall be settled by arbitration in Los Angeles, California, USA administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, provincial and local taxes. The Sponsor and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives of the Sponsor and their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising, promotion and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (iii) errors in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the contests/sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; or (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the contests/sweepstakes. By participating in the contests/sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold the Sponsor, the advertisers, and PuriCute harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the contests/sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
1) No purchase is necessary to enter. Any purchases will not improve your chance of winning.
2) In contests/sweepstakes explicitly stating "U.S. Residents", only natural persons who are legal residents of the 50 states of the United States and the District of Columbia and who are at least 13 years old at the time of entry are eligible. Identification must be produced on request. Employees of PuriCute, its contests/sweepstakes sponsor (if any), advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective affiliates and associates and such employees' immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate.
3) Only one entry per person per contest. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
4) You may enter using only the method or methods listed in the Contest Description. No other method of entry will be accepted.
5) The Contest description indicates the number of winners who will be selected and the method (such as random drawing) that will be used to select the winner(s). The winner(s) will be notified by email and a message sent through the PuriCute website and will be announced on the individual contest page by the date indicated in the Contest Description. The prize or prize package, as applicable, will be mailed or shipped to each winner’s residence by the date indicated in the Contest Description.
6) Only one prize or prize package will be awarded to the winner or each winner. The prize or prize package is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded. Any prize not claimed within thirty (30) days, excluding the "Sticker Picture Contest" and "Points contests/sweepstakes", will be forfeited, and PuriCute will select an alternate winner.
7) PuriCute retains the rights, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value if any prize or component of a prize package is unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
8) Approximate value of each prize and the components of each prize package vary.
9) By entering the Contest, you give PuriCute irrevocable permission to use your first name and city of residence for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes in connection with the Contest and the exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable right to publish, display, and distribute copies of your entry. If you are a winner, as a condition to the award of any prize and to the extent not prohibited by law, PuriCute may require you to provide documentary proof of residency and age and to complete and sign customary name and likeness release and transfer of ownership forms.
10) This contests/sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and municipal laws and is void where prohibited or taxed. Each winner is responsible for all taxes (if any) on the prize or prize package awarded him or her.
11) PuriCute reserves the right to alter any rules of any contests/sweepstakes or withdraw or terminate any contests/sweepstakes at any time without prior notice. If PuriCute terminates a contests/sweepstakes prior to the entry deadline indicated in the contests/sweepstakes Description, PuriCute and Sponsors reserves the right to determine the winner(s) from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the contests/sweepstakes termination. PuriCute is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, submissions sent but not received by PuriCute for any reason, or any other entry that does not meet all requirements set out in the contests/sweepstakes Description and these Official Rules.
12) If there is any conflict between the contests/sweepstakes description and these Official Rules, these Official Rules takes precedence over the contests/sweepstakes description.
13) If you need to contact us my mail, you may do so by writing to: PuriCute 13428 Maxella Ave. P.O. Box 382 Marina Del Rey, CA 90292 United States U.S.
14) Odds of winning will vary depending on the type of contests/sweepstakes you enter. If the contests/sweepstakes winners are based on random winners, the odds of winning depend on how may entries are submitted. EX: If there are 1,000 entries, and 5 winners total, the odds of winning are 5 in a 1,000. (note these are just estimated numbers)
15) Winning prizes will be sent/mailed within 5 business days of receiving the winners information.
16) Sticker Picture prizes total value is $2.99. The Points prizes total $0.00.
17) PLEASE PLAY FAIR. Our software monitors suspicious activity such as creating multiple accounts to vote for your entry or spamming users and posts. Please keep in mind your I.P. Address is logged in case of fradulent activity. If our system flags your account and you are found to be in violation of any rules, you will be banned from the current contests/sweepstakes as well as entering any future contests/sweepstakes.
NOTICE TO ONLINE ENTRANTS: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR and PuriCute RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Not responsible for faulty, incorrect or mistranscribed phone transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the promotion. Sponsors and PuriCute reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor/judging agency/administrator/PuriCute, in their sole discretion. If technical malfunctions or suspect voting/irregularities corrupt the voting process, Sponsor and PuriCute reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award prizes based solely on the Finalists Judging scores or non-suspect votes. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and the drawing for all remaining prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. Any damage made to the Web Site will be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor or PuriCute. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor and PuriCute. Sponsor and PuriCute reserves the right to prohibit the participation/voting of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the account holder fails to comply with any requirement of participation/voting as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.